Universities of the Third Age (u3as) in the United Kingdom
are autonomous, self-help organisations run by the
voluntary efforts of their members.
The aims of Ise Valley u3a
- To encourage and enable older people who are no
longer in full-time paid employment to help each other
to share their knowledge, skills, interests and
- To celebrate the capabilities and potential of older
people and their value to society
- We offer activities which reflect membersí
wishes and which aim to satisfy the widest possible
range of interests: educational, cultural, recreational,
physical and social.
- We make use of new technologies as they become
- The Groups are, in the main, member led - see the
Group Activity Page
- Our approach to learning is learning for
- There is no accreditation or validation and there are
no assessments or qualifications to be gained.
- We are funded by the subscriptions of our members.
- We collaborate and share expertise and facilities with
other U3As in Northamptonshire.
- See the website
http://www.u3aNorthamptonshirenetwork.org.uk for details
of the other u3as in Northamptonshire